If you are a member of the AFFI, you will need a login and password to access certain information on our website. If you do not have a login, please email Mychelle at email@example.com to obtain one.
In addition, some pages are restricted to Local Executive Board members. You will only have access to those if your information is updated in the AFFI Database. Please email Mychelle with any changes.
The Associated Fire Fighters of Illinois uses Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to provide an open-source for two-way communication and welcomes comments, questions, and ideas from all sides of the issues. While our ultimate goal is to foster engaging, productive conversations, we also expect individuals to maintain an acceptable degree of civility.
We understand that social media is a 24/7 medium; however, we cannot monitor, post, or respond to comments 24/7. We will respond as quickly as possible. Generally, we will post or respond to comments from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday.
The AFFI encourages the expression of views on issues and debate, but reserves the right to remove comments that are considered offensive or are racist, sexist or vulgar. All comments must be related to the posted item in question. Comments that are unrelated to the post will be deleted.
The AFFI monitors all comments and reserves the right to immediately delete or hide any comment we deem inappropriate. Repeated violations of the comment policy may cause the author to be blocked from the Facebook page.
A comment will be deleted or hidden if it contains the following:
• Hate speech
• Profanity, obscenity or vulgarity—including creative spellings of swear words using asterisks
• Sexual content or links to sexual content
• Defamation to a person or people
• Comments that promote or advertise a person, business or commercial transaction
• Comments that infringe on copyrights
• Spam comments, such as the same comment posted repeatedly
• Other comments that the social media team deems inappropriate or do not pertain to the post.